As the end of the year approaches, we thank you for your interest in supporting NEEF! Your gift will go to work immediately to make the environment accessible, relatable, relevant, and connected to the daily lives of all Americans by inspiring empathy and connection to the natural world.
Your support makes a difference by directly impacting the preservation of habitats that many animals call home through our NPLD events, providing resources and training to health professionals to address environmental impacts on health, and reaching a national audience of K-12 students with environmental education activities that develop a deeper sense of environmental stewardship.
Your Support Makes An Impact
Thank you for your commitment to advancing environmental education! Your generous contribution will directly support essential initiatives, including:
- Greening STEM Projects engaging students from Iowa to New Jersey in real-world challenges within the natural environment.
- Climate Mental Health Research with middle school educators on climate emotions encountered in the classroom to develop and test interventions to support educators in addressing these emotions with students.
- The 30th Annual National Public Lands Day event on September 23, 2023 that engaged over 40,000 volunteers in service at parks, refuges, waterways, trails, community gardens, forests, and historic sites across the nation.
- Impactful Public Service Announcements for the iHeartRadio Earth campaign, which encourages millions of radio listeners to take pro-environment actions.
- Tackling Asthma Disparities Through Music, the innovative partnership with Hip Hop Public Health launched EMPOWER—a multimedia collection promoting self-management skills for young people with asthma.
By supporting NEEF, you become a vital part of our mission to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or circumstance, can fully engage with and protect their health and the environment.
Ways to Give
Give in honor or memory
A donation is a thoughtful way to honor someone special, recognize a person's birthday, or celebrate one of life's milestones. Gifts of any size may be designated "in honor of" or "in memory of" another person (perhaps your teacher, health care provider, or a nature lover). To notify NEEF of your intentions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. NEEF will notify the honoree or next of kin of your special gift. Donor and honoree will also be acknowledged in NEEF's annual report.
Use a matching gift program
Many companies offer matching gift programs to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations. Most of these programs match contributions dollar for dollar, and some will even double or triple the amount of your gift! Ask your Human Resources department for the relevant matching gift form. Retirees, keep in mind that your former employer may be willing to match your gift even if you are now retired.
Make a tax-free distribution from your IRA
If you are 70.5 or older, you can make the mandatory distribution from your traditional or Roth IRA without incurring federal income tax. Distributions can total up to $100,000 annually. Contact your tax professional to make arrangements and notify NEEF of your intentions by emailing us at email@example.com.
Make a bequest
Consider making a bequest to NEEF in your will or estate plans. You can also name NEEF as the beneficiary of your retirement fund or an insurance policy. If you are interested in leaving a legacy gift to NEEF, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and work with your estate planner to make arrangements.
NEEF is a registered 501(c)(3) private, nonprofit organization.
All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
NEEF's federal identification number is 54-1557043.