Employment at NEEF
Please no phone calls, should you have any questions please feel free to email us at [email protected].
The National Environmental Education Foundation (NEEF) is searching for a passionate, forward-thinking and detail-oriented marketing, development and communications executive to fill a new position, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO). This dynamic position will require someone who is collaborative and motivational to help the organization raise its profile and attract new revenue to achieve its bold vision: By 2022, 300 million Americans actively use environmental knowledge to ensure the well-being of the earth and its people.
Through this vision, NEEF intends to dramatically scale up its impact advancing environmental education nationwide. NEEF is looking for a creative self-starter and team leader to be a part of bringing this vision to life through telling our story, selling our cause and multiplying our revenue. Candidates must be comfortable joining an organization undergoing a major transformation while operating within the constraints of tight revenue. NEEF board and staff are fully committed to the new vision and believe the right candidate, in partnership with senior management, can help grow the organization, raise the NEEF brand profile and attract new revenue streams.
Reporting to the President, the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) is responsible for creating innovative strategies that will build the NEEF brand, expand awareness, increase revenue, and create greater relevance among our target audiences. Our ideal candidate has a breadth of experience that gives him/her the communication, fundraising, and leadership skills to develop a new unit that seamlessly integrates development, communications and marketing. The CMO position is pivotal to NEEF’s success moving from an organization of excellent programs attracting restricted support to “One NEEF” uniting all programs and attracting major support organization wide through successful marketing of NEEF’s compelling vision to reach and engage 300 million people.
The CMO will work directly with the president and will work collaboratively with the other members of NEEF’s senior management team to develop and implement a comprehensive communications, development and marketing strategy. The CMO will supervise a team of three full-time and one part-time staff. This is a unit poised to grow.
To Apply: Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please refer to ‘CMO’ in the subject line.
NEEF is an equal opportunity employer.
Nature of Position: The National Environmental Education Foundation (NEEF), a national leader in building public environmental literacy based in Washington, D.C, is seeking a full-time Hands on the Land Manager for its Education program. Hands on the Land (HOL) is a national network of field classrooms and agency resources to connect students, teachers, families, and volunteers with public lands and waterways. For more information visit www.handsontheland.org.
Primary responsibilities: Coordinating the overall strategic direction, management of the HOL network, partnership cultivation and maintenance, program outreach and marketing, budgeting and financial management, fundraising, web content and maintenance oversight, and communications.
Direct Program Management
- With input from the Vice President for Programs, prioritize, execute and evaluate the HOL strategic plan.
- Implement a recruitment and training program for new HOL sites.
- Formulate partnerships with schools and other organizations that are aligned with HOL’s goals and priorities in order to strengthen the HOL network.
- Provide supervision and guidance to the HOL website contractor to ensure that the website and network are meeting the needs of its constituency.
- Serve as a point of contact for agency representatives to better support HOL sites.
- Participate in scheduled PRE meetings to report on program progress.
- Prepare and submit to PRE program progress reports every six months.
- Establish opportunities and incentives for networking and interactivity among Hands on the Land sites (new monitoring projects, mentoring, sharing of best practices, training, etc.).
- Develop HOL's online presence by networking, linking within the Internet social networks as well as within federal agency websites.
- Develop a communications plan with agency representatives and site managers to encourage participation in HOL.
- With guidance and support from PRE members, develop a fundraising strategy to support the execution of the HOL strategic plan.
- Create marketing brochure and actively recruit new member sites.
- Create and distribute quarterly newsletters in partnership with the HOL Webmaster.
- Develop and contribute to an online blog and market to member sites.
- Staff supervision.
- Develop the HOL budget and manage it to its highest sustainable level.
- Ensure that all related funding and expenses are being handled and tracked appropriately.
- Develop and implement an online evaluation to better understand HOL site needs and to accumulate data to support fundraising and expansion of the program.
Minimum Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years of experience in environmental education, K-12 education, natural resource management, STEM, park management, ecology, interpretative education, or related discipline, experience working with K-12 students and/or schools.
- Program development, management and evaluation experience.
- Experience supervising staff.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Excellent planning and project management skills.
- Experience forming and maintaining partnerships.
- Solid written and verbal communications.
- Experience working with diverse populations and underrepresented communities.
- Willingness to travel.
- Fundraising experience preferred.
- Experience providing and maintaining content for website and other electronic information distribution channels including but not limited to the use of social media.
- Bilingual applicants encouraged to apply.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience; the Foundation has excellent benefits.
To apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected] and reference HOL Manager in the subject line. No phone calls, please.