Current Job Opportunities
Please no phone calls, should you have any questions please feel free to email us at [email protected].
Nature of Position:The National Environmental Education Foundation (NEEF) ®, a national leader in building public environmental literacy, is seeking a full-time Communications Manager. The Communications Manager, working closely with the Senior Director for Development/Interim Director for Communications and the Digital Marketing and Technology Manager, helps raise awareness of NEEF and implement its mission and vision. The Communications Manager is responsible for communications, outreach, advertising, and public relations activities. These activities include local/national media relations, public awareness campaign strategy and implementation, written materials, staff collaboration to develop and execute communications initiatives, and other tasks as outlined below.
Primary duties include:
- Communications Management and Coordination
- Organize outreach efforts to local and national media.
- Manage the implementation of outreach efforts throughout the year, including working closely with the Digital Marketing and Technology Manger with online and social media efforts.
- Work closely with all NEEF staff to proactively plan for and execute communications initiatives and campaigns.
- Be a steward of the NEEF brand, ensuring consistency across NEEF by following design and messaging standards.
- Be an expert on NEEF’s target audiences, researching demographics and marketing profiles.
- Assist in NEEF’s campaign development and implementation, including tracking outreach and campaign metrics and providing regular updates on results.
- Research and share marketing trends and best practices with Communications team and staff.
- Assist in fostering relationships with partners, including sponsorships and co-branding opportunities.
- Help facilitate communications and marketing needs for internal programs and organizational initiatives.
- Manage Communications intern and coordinate with vendors.
- Conduct internal and external presentations as assigned.
- Coordinate the design, writing, and development of NEEF communications materials and tools, including press releases, press kits, fact sheets, talking points, publications, newsletters and other collateral materials.
- Develop and assist others in developing brand stories and messaging. This includes developing mechanisms for collecting story ideas from NEEF initiatives.
- In conjunction with the Digital Marketing and Technology Manager, write content for NEEF’s website and social media, including blogs and e-news.
- Videotape, photograph and edit media as needed.
Media Relations and PR
- Distribute NEEF press releases and collateral through appropriate channels.
- Track and report out on relevant media coverage.
- Develop and implement organization-wide detailed media outreach strategies.
- Proactively identify opportunities for placing articles, Op Ed pieces, and Letters to the Editor nationally.
- Coordinate press and publicity strategies for specific NEEF initiatives with program staff.
- Compile press list for media distribution with marketing software.
- Manage communications outreach software and databases.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree; Communications, Marketing or Journalism degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of work experience in a communications and/or marketing role.
- A background or interest in the environment, education or a relevant field.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent capacity to work in a team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail and deadline management skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with discretion.
- Experience with video editing, including iMovie and or Final Cut preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Motivation and desire to see projects through to completion and dependability are a must.
- A working knowledge of the environment, specifically environmental education preferred.
- Knowledge of communications, including knowledge of communications tools required.
- Knowledge of how the nonprofit field operates a plus.
- Knowledge of social marketing practices and behavior change a plus.
Salary: The salary is commensurate with your experience. The Foundation has a competitive benefits package.
To apply: Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and a writing sample to email@example.com and include Comm Manager in the subject line. Applications without salary requirements or desired salary range will not be considered.
NEEF is an equal opportunity employer.