Employment at NEEF
Please no phone calls, should you have any questions please feel free to email us at [email protected].
Nature of Position: The National Environmental Education Foundation (NEEF)®, a national leader in building public environmental literacy based in Washington, D.C, is seeking a full-time Program Officer. The Program Officer is a new position with programming, staff and administrative oversight and accountability. In general, the Program Officer will be responsible for integrating, designing, executing and managing Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and environmental education programs as well as developing, executing and managing budgets, supervising staff, consultants and interns, and helping to strategize about overarching program priorities within the organization. The person hired for this position will be a strategic thinker with an entrepreneurial mindset who has the interest and ability to work across disciplines, departments, and functional and topical areas.
Direct Program Management
- With input from the Senior Vice President for Programs, coordinate the integration of the National Environmental Education Foundation’s STEM and environmental education programs.
- Design, implement and evaluate environmental education. Assist in developing, assessing and scaling new and existing pilots, programs and initiatives.
- Create, implement and assess professional development programs.
- Formulate, develop and maintain strategic partnerships with federal, state and local government agencies, K-12 schools, museums, colleges/universities, public land agencies, and other organizations that work to enhance STEM learning and environmental literacy.
- Assist with data collection and research.
- Coordinate expert advisory panels, meetings, special events, etc.
- Assist in developing and implementing a communications and marketing program strategy.
- Assist in the design and dissemination of program materials and related content.
- Maintain the education program’s online presence and expand its reach using traditional and new media.
- Participate in national, state and regional conferences.
- Staff supervision.
- Budget development and monitoring.
- Report preparation and submission.
- Assistance with fundraising.
Master’s degree preferred. Bachelor's degree required
- At least seven (7) years of experience in K-12 education, STEM, education reform, ecology, interpretative education, environmental education, or related discipline.
- Experience working with K-12 students and/or schools. Knowledge of common core standards and related information.
- Program development, management and evaluation experience.
- Experience in program outreach and marketing.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Excellent planning and project management skills.
- Experience forming and maintaining partnerships.
- Solid written and verbal communications.
- Experience working with diverse populations and underrepresented communities.
- Willingness to travel.
- Fundraising experience.
- Experience providing and maintaining content for website and other electronic information distribution channels including but not limited to the use of social media.
- Bilingual applicants encouraged to apply.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience; the Foundation has excellent benefits.
To apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com and reference Program Officer in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
NEEF® is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).